Friday, January 14, 2011

We've arrived!


Here we are in South West Florida...much warmer than where we came from.  We arrived yesterday afternoon...started unpacking... got the dogs acclimated to their new surroundings... then stopped to go eat with friends...Linda, Tilmon, Mary, and Paul.  I drove in from Jacksonville yesterday and I was tired. Two glasses of wine and some good food was just what I needed...then home and off to bed.  


I finished unpacking this morning...set up computer...internet connection is sporadic...not good.  The dogs are settling in and I think they like it here.  There's a small fenced in area behind the house.  I can let them out the door and they can run right out, pee...then come back in.   BUT the slats are kind of far apart...some more than others...and if Buster finds the right one, he can squeeze through and escape.  I took them walking this morning down to a vacant lot...and Buster ended up finding two sandspurs...poor baby.


The house is lovely...nicely furnished...and comfortable.  The owner is a very technical person...took me several minutes to get the radio on...and if they hadn't shown us where the TV in the living room was located, we would never have found it.  It's hidden behind a painting.


Gene's getting his fishing equipment ready...and I'm going to an Art Fest with a couple of friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment