Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Afternoon...Learning to play Mahjongg

They say that Mahjongg is a game that is difficult to learn...but lots of fun once you master it.


The only "mahjongg" I've ever played is on the computer...and it's a simple game of matching two "like tiles" to clear the board.  Well...believe me...mahjong is NOTHING like that...it is a tile game that requires a lot of concentration and thinking...which to me sounds like good "brain exercises for older folks".  Four of us met at Linda's house this afternoon and two of her friends came over to teach and help us learn to play. After a l-o-n-g lesson explaining the basics...then we began playing.  After all...you learn by doing.


Marsha (on the left) giving us the basic rules.
The others are Judy, Sandy, and Linda.






This is Mary, our other teacher, helping Linda.



Closeup of my hand and the rules of play 


And while we played mahjongg...Gene and Tilmon watched a movie.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment