Thursday, January 20, 2011

HAD TO TAKE A BREAK TODAY...

Had to take a break today from all the fun we've been having...had to wash clothes and do a little housework.  


After that, Gene went fishing with Tilmon on the boat...and I went to Linda's with my iPad...and we organized all of our Apps on there, putting them into folders...making it SO much nicer looking and easier to find our "multitude of apps".  Apple has done it right!  I know some of you are wondering "what in the heck is she talking about"...but y'all can just skip this paragraph.


We invited our friends over for supper... Linda and Tilmon, and two others from Edenton...Ernest and John.  I need to take their photos and post them to the blog.  But anyhow...after Gene and I came home, Gene start frying some of those trout he's been catching...along with some good old french fries...while I made cornbread, cole slaw, and cheese cake...well, I guess I didn't make the cole slaw...but I'll tell you...I got it from Winn Dixie and it is delicious!  And I bought the cheesecake, too...it was a sampler with four different kinds of cheesecake...so everybody had their choice.  Everything was good...and the puppies behaved, too!


Today is Charlie Parker's birthday...my grandson...he is two years old.  It's hard believe that it's been two years since he was born.  I stayed with Ben that day while Ginger and Tony went to the hospital.  I drove to Wilmington...got there about 4:00 am...and Ginger and Tony left for the hospital shortly after that...and then it started snowing.  Ben and I were "snowed in"!


Here's a couple of photos of one of the plants here in the yard in back of the house.  I love the colors!


No comments:

Post a Comment