Sunday, January 16, 2011

SUNDAY...A DAY TO REST AND RELAX...finally!


Gene and Tilmon headed out for an afternoon of fishing.


Gene sharpening his knife getting ready to clean the fish he caught!


Betty Rose (and Queen)...a lady from Ohio who came south to escape the cold and snow!




Some photos taken from the southern most part of the island looking south.  In the far distance is Sanibel Island.


A photo of the back side of our house.  The fenced in area is a pool that is routinely maintained...but way too cold to swim in.



A photo of the house across the canal from where we're staying.  Every house is "waterfront"...since all houses are on a canal.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The afternoon was very pleasant and I sat out on the screened in porch...having a glass of wine...catching up on some emails.  I was keeping an eye on the dogs while they ran in and out...and up and down the steps into the little fenced in yard...thank goodness for that.  I would definitely be worn out if I was having the walk them every hour to two hours.  They don't want to stay inside too long...but when they go out, they don't want to stay OUT too long either.  The fence around the yard was designed for a much larger dog than Buster.  There are a few places where the slats are far enough apart that Buster could get through if he finds them.  Well...today, he found one of them.  All of a sudden I heard Bella give a couple of LOUD barks.  I don't want her disturbing the neighbors with any barking, so I hollered to her to be quiet...and then when I looked up, I saw why!  She was "telling on Buster".  He had gotten out of the fence and was running around the yard looking for Gene.  Then I called to him...telling him to come back...I didn't want to scare him and have him run away.  But by the time I got downstairs, he was trying to find the place to "get back in".  

No comments:

Post a Comment